2017 beauty favourites


Happy new year! To start off 2018, I thought I'd share my beauty favourites from last year. During 2017 I found a bunch of new makeup products, skincare products, brushes, perfume and nail polishes that have become my favourites during the year. I've mentioned some of these multiple times throughout the year and have left links to my reviews on them at the end. 


Perfume/spray
In 2017 there were two perfumes/sprays that I had been loving. The perfume I've been loving is Ariana Grande Sweet Like Candy perfume. The packaging is so pretty and the scent is amazing. I got the box set for Christmas 2016 and I love the Body Soufflé it came with too. The spray I've been loving is the Zoella Sweet Inspiration body spray. I've very nearly ran out of this and I've gone through it so quickly. The scent is so good and the packaging is so pretty. 


Lip products
I've been liking five lip products, which are all different. The first thing is my Barry M lip kit, which comes with a lip paint and lipliner. The shade is Pose and I love the colour. I use the lipliner a lot more than the lip paint because it goes with a lot of my other lip shades, but I love these. 

A lipgloss I have been wearing SO much is my NYX Butter Gloss in the shade Madeleine. I never really wore lipgloss up until I got this and I don't know why. It's moisturising, not sticky and looks nice on it's own or over lipstick. A lip balm I tried and loved towards the end of 2017 is my Burt's Bees lip balm and it's become my favourite. It's the first Burt's Bees product I've tried and it makes my lips very soft. 


Brands
There are two brands especially that I've been loving in 2017. The high-end brand I've been loving is Too Faced. For Christmas in 2016, I got the Too Faced Grande Hotel Cafe. In that I've used a lot of eyeshadows, a bronzer, two blushes and a mascara. I love all that I've tried in this set. It comes with three eyeshadow palettes with six eyeshadows and either a bronzer or blush. It also comes with a mini Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. I use the palettes all the time and I love them. The packaging is all very pretty and the palettes are christmassy and scented.

The second brand I've been loving is LUSH. Around August time I purchased the Rosy Cheeks Fresh Face Mask , Bubblegum Lip ScrubHelping Hands Hand CreamSkin Drink Moisturiser and Mask Of Magnaminty Face & Body Mask. LUSH has easily become one of my favourite brands and I love all their products I have from them. 


Colour correcting
In 2017, I really got into colour correcting. Two colour correcting products I've tried are from Barry M. I first tried the Barry M's Colour Correcting Concealer and I love it. It works extremely well at colour correcting and reducing redness. The second colour correcting product I got was Barry M's Colour Correcting Primer. This primer isn't great at colour correcting at all, but it is an amazing primer and so for that, it's become my favourite. 


False eyelashes
I really got into false lashes again. The two false lashes I've been loving are Ardell's Demi Wispies and Red Cherry's Harley lashes. I love wearing false lashes for YouTube videos and just in general. I've worn these two soo many times and they're still holding up so well, especially the Red Cherry lashes (even though they look kinda grim in the photo).


YouTube beauty collaborations
I wasn't too sure what to call this section other than 'YouTube beauty collaborations'. I've had two favourite collaborations. The first one I got is the Bh Cosmetics x Carli Bybel palette. I had wanted this since it was released and finally purchased it in June. It's been my most used palette since I've been using it and I use it pretty much every time I wear eyeshadow. It also has four lovely highlighters in. The other product is the ELF x Heart Defensor Highlighter Duo. I absolutely love this highlighter and it's become the only highlighter I've used since I got it. 


Eyeliners
I have two eyeliner favourites, which I use every time I apply eyeliner. The first favourite is my MUA Eye Define Felt Liner. I love this eyeliner and it's the best felt liner I've ever tried. I've repurchased it so many times and it works so well. The second eyeliner is my NYX Matte Liquid Liner. This is the best liquid liner I've tried and I find it super easy to use. 


Brushes
I've tried two different brands/styles of brushes in 2017. The first that has been my favourite is my Spectrum 10 piece essential set that I got earlier on in the year. I've been using them every time I apply makeup. I love these brushes. They're really soft, they work so well and the pink is so pretty. 

The second brushes I've been loving since near the end of 2017 are these Makeup Gallery oval brushes. I had wanted to try oval brushes for a long time. They're very good brushes and I love using them. I use them for contour and concealer and they blend extremely well. 



Nail polishes
In 2017, I mostly used the same nail polishes, however there were three new ones that I've been wearing a lot. Trust-Fund Beauty's nail polish London Snog was different for me because I hadn't worn grey in years. I've been wearing it so much and I love it. 

Barry M's Pink Lemonade and Razzle Dazzle are two nail polishes I've been wearing a lot. Pink Lemonade is a lovely shade and I like to wear this all the time. Razzle Dazzle is a different nail polish for me because it's liquid chrome. It's very pretty. 


Others
In 2017, I've been loving my Zoella Pretty Polished body scrub. I find it works so well and a lot better than my old Zoella body scrub. It feels moisturising and exfoliates really well.


Those are my beauty favourites of 2017. I'm planning on doing another favourite post with other favourites that aren't beauty.

What beauty favourites have you had in 2017?



My reviews

  • Ariana Grande Sweet Like Candy (box set): here
  • Barry M Lip Kit & NYX Butter Gloss: here
  • Too Faced (Grande Hotel Cafe): here
  • Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: here
  • LUSH (haul): here
  • Rosy Cheeks Fresh Face Mask: here
  • Bubblegum Lip Scrub: here
  • Barry M Colour Correcting Concealer & Primer: here 
  • Red Cherry 'Harley' Lashes: here
  • Bh Cosmetics x Carli Bybel Palette: here
  • ELF x Heart Defensor Highlighter Duo: here
  • Spectrum 10 Piece Essential Brush Set: here
  • Trust-Fund 'London Snog' Nail Polish: here
  • Barry M's 'Pink Lemonade' (NOTD): here
  • Barry M's 'Razzle Dazzle' Nail Polish: here
Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Pinterest | Snapchat: embarker97

Comments

  1. I swear by the Red Cherry Harley lashes! I love how natural looking they are, but still add so much drama to any kind of eye look - even if it's just a winged eyeliner!
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've totally just reminded me about my Barry M lipkit! I totally need to get it out more! I have to say I use my spectrum brushes so much, they are such a great brand and quality! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts