What I've watched recently

Recently (within the past 6 months or so), I've been watching quite a few more TV shows and films than usual. Besides the shows I already watch often, I've been finding more shows and have watched quite a lot of films. I'm not going to speak about every film I've watched, but I've never done a post like this before. I don't talk hugely about each show/film because I don't want to give too much away as I could go on about them for ages, buuuut I do apologise if I do give too much away.



This Is Us | I briefly spoke about This Is Us in my February Favourites post and I didn't go into too much detail, or any for that matter. I thought that if I said too much, I'd give a lot of it away. Anyway, its a drama and if you love dramas and don't mind crying every episode, then I definitely recommend it. Its about two parents and their three children. I got my 30 free day trial for Amazon Prime and watched it so quickly, but I'm so excited to watch the second season.

American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace | After loving the American Crime Story: People vs OJ Simpson, I was excited to find out that they were making another season, but about the murder of Gianni Versace. It isn't just based on Gianni Versace though as Andrew Cunanan (the murderer) was a serial killer and it shows the murders of the other 4 people. I'm really finding crime shows interesting at the moment, which is different for me. I didn't know much about Versace's murder or the murderer, until now. Not everything in the ACS is true as they do add things that didn't happen, but its still a really good show. 

Riverdale | After hearing so many good things about Riverdale, they started playing it on TV and I was so excited to watch it. Riverdale is about a teenager who gets murdered and the darkness of the town. Its a really good TV show and keeps me wondering every week whats going to happen next. Also, I need Veronica Lodge's wardrobe because her outfits are all so nice. 



Coco | Coco was a film that I wanted to see after my brother sent me the trailer and I can easily say its become one of my favourite films. I've really been into animated films recently. Basically, the film is about a boy named Miguel (Anthony Gonzalez), who ends up going to the Land of the Dead to find his idol and possible great-great-grandfather, Ernesto de la Cruz (Benjamin Bratt). His family from the Land of the Dead and Living have banned him from singing and playing music, so they try and send him back to the Land of the Living. Am I confusing you yet? During his time in the Land of the Dead, he befriends Héctor (Gael García Bernal). 

The Edge of Seventeen | I had wanted to watch The Edge of Seventeen since I saw the trailer, so when I found it on Amazon Prime when I got my free trial, it was at the top of on my list to watch. Hailee Steinfeld, who plays Nadine, is one of my favourite actresses (and singers) and she played the character so well. Its a drama-comedy and I really enjoyed it. Its about Nadine, who is struggling through high school. Its a really good film. 

Ferdinand | Another animated film I really enjoyed, was Ferdinand. Ferdinand (John Cena) is about a bull who lives in Casa del Toro where they keep bulls for bullfighting. His father never returned from fighting, so he ran away. He ended up at a farm, where he was adopted by a man and his daughter, but Ferdinand causes chaos in the town and ends up back at Casa del Toro. This time back at Casa del Toro, he's grown up and eventually comes to realise that all of the bulls who've gone to fight from Casa del Toro, never return. Ferdinand does actually get picked to fight though. It does have a good ending and its a really good film.



Nerve | I had wanted to watch Nerve for ages and the other day I finally did. Its about a game called Nerve, which is like truth or dare, but without the truth. You either watch or play, but they get paid for completing dares. Vee's (Emma Roberts) friend becomes popular on it, so one day Vee decided to try it. She ends up playing with Ian (Dave Franco) and they do crazy dares around NYC. I didn't expect this film to be bad because the trailer looked really good, but I found it to be a lot better than I expected it was going to be.

Downsizing | my brother showed me the Downsizing trailer when it come out and I thought it looked really good. All these people were being turned into small (five inch) people and they were living in a teeny tiny town. My explaining isn't great... Paul (Matt Damon) downsized and made some friends, one of which was Ngoc Lan Tran (Hong Chou), who was jailed and downsized against her will. Paul helps her throughout the rest of the film. Its interesting, but I had a lot of questions at the end. I wouldn't say it was a hilarious film, but bits were funny and it was entertaining. 

Selena | the last one I want to talk about is Selena. I watched this film a few months ago and I really want to watch it again. If you don't know who Selena Quintanilla-Perez is, she was a very popular singer from the mid 90s and before, who sang in Spanish and English. She was murdered 23 years ago (March 31st) in 1995, by her friend. This film is about Selena's life and Selena is played by Jennifer Lopez, who did a really good job at playing her. The film shows Selena in Selena y Los Dinos, to touring, to getting married and her life up until she died at the age of 23. Within the past year, Selena has become one of my favourite singers and I really enjoyed watching this film.

What films/tv shows have you watched recently? Have you seen any of these? 

Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Pinterest | Snapchat: embarker97

Comments

  1. Riverdale is so good isn't it, I'm not so sure about season 2 as its becoming a bit far fetched but I'm still watching it haha!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not on season 2 yet so I'm yet to find out whats gonna happen!

      Delete
  2. I really need to see Coco - I'm gutted I missed out on seeing it in the cinema!

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts