2 years of blogging: what I've learnt
I can't believe I've been blogging for two years. I also can't believe I almost forgot about this and a couple of days ago panicked because I had no posts planned yet. Since when were we this far into February? I'm struggling to believe its been two years today since I hit publish on my first post, it seems like yesterday. I had no idea that when I started blogging, I'd still be blogging two years later.
I started my blog in 2015 to write about things I liked, places I'd been to, makeup I've been loving and anything else I could think of. There's so many great things about blogging, I've been lucky enough to work with a couple of brands, I've spoken and chatted to some of the loveliest bloggers and its made me a heck of a lot more confident. I went from being a shy 17-year-old, who used to get extremely nervous hitting publish on a post, to a more confident 19-year-old who now gets extremely excited about hitting publish on a post.
Here's 5 things I've learnt in the two years I've been blogging:
- Blogging takes a lot of times | When I first started my blog, I never thought that blogging would take as much time as it does. It takes a lot of time, but I really don't mind and I love it.
- Taking photos in bulk will really help | I used to take photos at the last minute and that didn't help whatsoever because if the photos turned out awful, the posts wouldn't go up that day. Taking photos in bulk means that its all done and if I need to retake a photo, I can before I upload the post. This is also really helpful in the Autumn/Winter when the weather isn't the best.
- Uploading a post you're not happy with & uploading for the sake of it isn't the best | I used to upload posts I wasn't happy with and for the sake of it because I didn't want to miss uploading. Its never good to do that because it resulted to me deleting all of them in the end. Now if I'm not happy with it, I just don't upload and I definitely don't upload for the sake of it.
- Proof read your posts before uploading | This is something I've recently learnt. The amount of times I've reread a post after its been uploaded and realised that theres a spelling mistake is unreal. I have to actually proof read it multiple times sometimes.
- You'll get writers block and thats ok | I kind of panicked the first time I got writers block because I thought that I wasn't going to come up with an idea for ages (it sounds more dramatic than what I mean). After realising that lots of people get writers block, it made me feel better. I now have a long, long list of blogpost ideas so if I ever get writers block, I'll have some ideas.
Thank you for sticking by me and my blog. I appreciate all of you who continue to read my blog and leave comments on my posts. It means so much to me x