2 years of blogging: what I've learnt

I can't believe I've been blogging for two years. I also can't believe I almost forgot about this and a couple of days ago panicked because I had no posts planned yet. Since when were we this far into February? I'm struggling to believe its been two years today since I hit publish on my first post, it seems like yesterday. I had no idea that when I started blogging, I'd still be blogging two years later.


I started my blog in 2015 to write about things I liked, places I'd been to, makeup I've been loving and anything else I could think of. There's so many great things about blogging, I've been lucky enough to work with a couple of brands, I've spoken and chatted to some of the loveliest bloggers and its made me a heck of a lot more confident. I went from being a shy 17-year-old, who used to get extremely nervous hitting publish on a post, to a more confident 19-year-old who now gets extremely excited about hitting publish on a post. 



Here's 5 things I've learnt in the two years I've been blogging:
  • Blogging takes a lot of times | When I first started my blog, I never thought that blogging would take as much time as it does. It takes a lot of time, but I really don't mind and I love it. 
  • Taking photos in bulk will really help | I used to take photos at the last minute and that didn't help whatsoever because if the photos turned out awful, the posts wouldn't go up that day. Taking photos in bulk means that its all done and if I need to retake a photo, I can before I upload the post. This is also really helpful in the Autumn/Winter when the weather isn't the best. 
  • Uploading a post you're not happy with & uploading for the sake of it isn't the best | I used to upload posts I wasn't happy with and for the sake of it because I didn't want to miss uploading. Its never good to do that because it resulted to me deleting all of them in the end. Now if I'm not happy with it, I just don't upload and I definitely don't upload for the sake of it.
  • Proof read your posts before uploading | This is something I've recently learnt. The amount of times I've reread a post after its been uploaded and realised that theres a spelling mistake is unreal. I have to actually proof read it multiple times sometimes. 
  • You'll get writers block and thats ok | I kind of panicked the first time I got writers block because I thought that I wasn't going to come up with an idea for ages (it sounds more dramatic than what I mean). After realising that lots of people get writers block, it made me feel better. I now have a long, long list of blogpost ideas so if I ever get writers block, I'll have some ideas. 


Thank you for sticking by me and my blog. I appreciate all of you who continue to read my blog and leave comments on my posts. It means so much to me x

Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Pinterest | Snapchat: embarker97

Comments

  1. Wow well done for coming so far! I've published posts I haven't been 100% happy with before and it really isn't the best, now I only hit post if I'm truly happy with the post. X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Kate! I agree, I used to delete them shortly after and think why did I even post it in the first place? me too!x

      Delete
  2. oh my I'm so bad at proof reading! I skim over everything which is really awful haha xx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the exact same, its usually until days after the posts uploaded I realise I hadn't proof read it, oops!xx

      Delete
  3. I always forget to proof read my posts, which is a big mistake haha - also happy two years of blogging gal!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, usually I plan to before the post goes live and then I forget. thank you so much:)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your two years of blogging! That's amazing :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes! uploading for the sake of it is such a waste of time. i now let my blog go for weeks on end with no new posts if it doesn't feel natural, so i completely get what you mean with that! took me a while to learn that i didn't need to stick to a schedule!

    happy 2 year blogiversary, lovely!

    katie xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I do the same! thank you so much x

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on two years of blogging. I've definitely learnt lots about blogging consistency in my full year of blogging I began in 2015 but it wasn't till the beginning of last year i really started to go at it full force. Great post.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woaah two years, congrats on that Em! And I couldn't agree with your tips more, bulk writing and photo taking is the best way. Have a lovely day :)

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Trishna! thank you, you too:)

      Delete
  8. I agree with a lot of these point. Congratulations on reaching 2 years!

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts