Blogmas day 3 | spiced mulled wine recipe

I loveeee mulled wine. A few weeks ago I tried mulled wine for the first time and LOVED it. I'm not a huge wine drinker, but it's definitely become my favourite. I decided to make my own and see what it turns out like. Last night I made the mulled wine as it doesn't take too long and it was a lovely Friday night drink. I drank it (not all myself), while watching a christmas film and felt really festive.


Ingredients
  • 1 bottle of dry red wine
  • 1/4 cup of sugar
  • 8 whole cloves
  • 2 cinnamon sticks
You could also add things like orange, lemon and extra cinnamon if you wish.


Directions
Combine all of the ingredients into a pan and simmer for around 10 minutes, but make sure it doesn't boil. Strain it and serve hot or cold.



I personally prefer cold mulled wine. I did try it warm, but I prefer it cold. I wasn't expecting it to taste like mulled wine or even taste good, but it tasted so nice. I'll definitely be making more throughout this month because it's so good and a quick recipe.



Do you like mulled wine? Have you ever made your own mulled wine?


Comments

Popular Posts