A Vegas day to night makeup look

Vegas is one of my favourite places that I've visited, so when I was challenged by vegas.com to create a day to night makeup look, I was very excited. I've never done a day to night look before, so I thought it'd be a fun challenge to do. There's a huge amount to do in Vegas and a wide variety of hotel to choose from and amazing package deals that you can find on Vegas.com.




Day to night makeup in Vegas could be quite difficult because you want to keep your makeup on, but it must difficult with the heat. I was inspired by the Mandalay Bay hotel, a hotel I've visited and it's a wonderful hotel. The gold inspired me to create a gold makeup look. I love gold makeup, so I thought this would be a good hotel to base it around.


For my daytime look, I wanted to stick to quite a minimal look and then glam it up a bit at night. With the weather being warm in Vegas, I used my L.A. Girl primer which makes my makeup last so long, especially in the heat. I started off by using my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade. This product really lasts all day long, it's waterproof, smudge proof and lasts throughout the heat, so I thought this would be perfect during the day and night in Vegas.


For foundation I used my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation (I still need to replace it to a cruelty free high end foundation, but I haven't ran out of it yet). This foundation stays on for a very long time and will last throughout the whole day and night. For concealer and contour, I used these two L.A. Girl concealers in Porcelain and Toast. These are long lasting and perfect for a daytime look that you'll be transitioning into a night time look.



I powdered my face using my MUA Loose Powder and then used mascara. For mascara I used my NYX Doll Eye waterproof mascara, it's lasts all day long. I just used my Carmex lip balm for my lips.


For transitioning to a night time look, I thought glittery gold eyes, nude lips and highlighter. I started off with using my Naked 3 palette and used Limit above my crease, Nooner in my crease and Trick on my lid. Trick is a very pretty, glittery eyeshadow. I was going to use eyeliner, but decided not to.


 For highlighter, I used the gold highlighter that I have, which is Golden Lights by Makeup Revolution. This highlighter is so pretty and I applied it on my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, brow bone and inner corner of my eyes.


As for lipstick, I wanted to go with a nude lipstick. I used my NYX Sandstorm Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick to finish off the look.


(before and after)



And that's how I would transition my makeup from day to night Vegas style. I would've added false lashes if I had any as I think it would've made this look better. It was a really fun challenge creating a day to night look.

Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Tumblr | Snapchat: embarker97

Comments

  1. Sooooo pretty!!!

    Mel | www.thegossipdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love huv u have used highlighter!!!

    <3 www.makeupholicworld.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts