Real Technique's Miracle Complexion Sponge


I'm a big fan of Real Technique's brushes and their Miracle Complexion Sponge. My old complexion sponge by Real Technique's was falling apart and I desperately needed a new one. I had it for a year and 4 months, so it's lasted me a while. As I've never done a post about the sponge before, I thought I'd do so. This complexion sponge is so good and I used my old one every time I wore makeup. 


I've tried a few other blenders in the past couple of years. The first one I ever tried was from Primark. It wasn't that great and looking back now, I'm unsure why I continued to use it. It didn't blend that well at all. I then purchased the Real Technique's Miracle Complexion Sponge for the first time and have been using it since.



During the time that I've been using the Real Technique's sponge, I also tried Maybelline's Dream Blender and I didn't like it. I did write a post about it here. I also tried two of Primark's blenders again, this time they worked better than the first Primark blender that I tried. They worked really well to blend in my concealer, however not so much my foundation. From trying previous blenders, I've learnt to just stick with my trusty Real Technique's blenders. 


Anyway, onto the actual sponge. The sponge comes in a clear, plastic packaging. The sponge is a bright orange, like tear dropped shaped sponge. There are 3 sides for 3 different uses:
  • Rounded sides - blend large areas of the face with repeated "dabbing" or "stipling" motion.
  • Precision tip - covers blemishes and imperfections.
  • Flat edge - for the contours around the eyes and nose.


This complexion sponge is such a soft sponge. To use this I damp the sponge using a finishing spray and dab my products on as that works best for me. You can use it dry or wet, it works either way. This works well with liquid foundation/highlighters, cream foundations/blushers/contour, concealers and also works with powder. I love how well it works with foundation. I've realised that it does absorb some foundation in, but nothing major.



I used to use the flat part to apply powder with and to bake underneath my eyes. It worked really well, however it was a little messy on my blender as I used it for everything else. I started to use a triangle sponge instead.


Washing it is quick and easy. After a couple of washes, it stains a little bit, not hugely though. I wash it once a week, sometimes twice, it all depends on how much I've used it and whether it really looks like it needs cleaning. I wash my blender using my shampoo and it works really well.


Overall I love this sponge, that's why I repurchased it and I'll probably continue to for a long time. Real Technique's have released some new sponges, which look amazing. For £5.99 I think it's amazing and works really well.



Pros
  • Affordable
  • Easy to clean
  • Works well with cream and liquid products
  • Gives a really nice finish
  • Easy to use
  • Has 3 sides for 3 different uses

Cons
  • Stains a little bit
  • Absorbs a little bit of foundation, but nothing major

Have you used this sponge before? What's your favourite blender?

Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Tumblr | Snapchat: embarker97



Comments

  1. I have used the RT sponge and I do like it but I love the Beauty Blender, it doesn't soak up as much product and I find my foundation looks more flawless, I have very dry skin though and always say to people that if they don't have concerns with their skin and the way foundation applies/looks to get the RT because it is a great sponge and applies well but for me because of my silly skin I prefer the Beauty Blender, I have only tried those 2 sponges though, maybe I need to branch out ha ha, great post as always xx


    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've never tried the Beauty Blender, however i really want to, just to see what its like! thank you:) xx

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to try this product, but I wasn't sure of it's quality. After reading this post, I know I am going to pick it up next time I'm out and about. Lovely post, Em! xx

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its really good quality! its an amazing sponge. thank you:)xx

      Delete
  3. I have this sponge too and love it, no more brushes for me! It works surprisingly well with powders too x

    Everything But The Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used this before and really didn't get along with it sadly, but little did I know I was doing it wrong lol, then I discovered making it damp and it worked a dream :)
    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy using this, although I've never tried the Beauty Blender to compare it to but still love this!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've never tried the Beauty Blender either!:)

      Delete
  6. This is my FAVE sponge. I like the Beauty Blender but this is way cheaper. Also, I tried super cheap ones and they are garbage. I actually just bought the new RT sponges for the eyes. They are amazing...

    Mel | www.thegossipdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've never tried the beauty blender so i'm not sure what its like! ah RT's new sponges look so good!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts