19 things I learnt in 19 years
Today in my 19th birthday, which is kinda crazy. I don't feel (nor look) 19 at all. I actually wanted to do a '18 things I learnt in 18 years' post last year, but never did, so this year I planned on doing a '19 things I learnt in 19 years'.
- Family are everything. I'm lucky to have the best family in the world, who are supportive and wonderful and I love them very much.
- Some friendships aren't meant to last forever. As much as this may suck, it's true. I've learnt this a couple of times.
- Do what makes you happy. Screw what anyone else thinks. If something makes you happy, carry on.
- Stop caring about what others think of you. This is one of my favourites that I've learnt.
- Everything happens for a reason. I'm a big believer (I nearly typed Belieber then, lmao) that everything happens for a reason.
- You don't have to do what everyone else is doing. I've ALWAYS done different things to what my friends are doing. I never did anything that they were doing, ever.
- Not everything in your life is going to go as you planned. By now, I thought I'd be driving, I thought I'd have my dream job and be completely happy in life. Health problems got in the way and life hasn't gone as I had planned.
- Music is the best thing. It really is.
- Get rid of negative people. I did this when I left school.
- When something doesn't go right, it's not the end of the world.
- A cup of tea and a hug makes everything better.
- Don't try and push yourself when you're unwell. Even though I think I can walk up a steep hill or walk a certain distance, I really can't and I shouldn't push myself.
- Have things to look forward to.
- Spend as much time as you can with your family.
- I hate having short hair. No matter how many times in my life I've cut my hair short and think I'll really like it, I really don't. It always looks nice on everyone else, except me.
- Heartbreaks aren't going to last forever.
- Makeup is so much fun and I don't need it to make myself confident.
- Pets are always apart of the family.
- Saving money is difficult, but it's always a good idea.
What are some things that you've learnt?