Barry M Natural Glow 2 Eyeshadow palette + swatches


Last year I really got into eyeshadows and decided to purchase my first eyeshadow palette, the Barry M Natural Glow 2 eyeshadow and primer palette. I knew that Barry M were a good brand and good priced brand as I love their nail polishes and have been buying them for about 4 years now. This was the first time I had tried their makeup, so I didn't know what to expect. I forgot that I had this palette and hadn't used it in a while. I find it in one of my drawers and recently started using it again.


Description on Barry M's website: Natural Glow 2 is the eagerly anticipated sequel to Barry M's bestselling 'Natural Glow' Eyeshadow and Blush palette and a perfect extension to our bestselling palette range! Introducing new, warm golden shades that are perfect for classic underrated looks and which compliment all skin tones. The 'travel easy' pack also includes an eyeshadow primer to ensure your powder stays put, day and night.



Create your favourite beauty look with the ease of having all shades in one compact-complete with a large mirror and 2 applicators. Getting glam has never been so easy.


The palette is cardboard and closes well with a magnetic closure. I'm not too keen on the packaging being cardboard, however it is sturdy. The palette comes with two double ended applicators, which I never used because I prefer to use my own brushes. It has a decent sized mirror and I'm glad it comes with a mirror. 


Onto the actual eyeshadows. The Natural Glow palette 2 has 6 shades. 3 shades are matte and 3 shades are shimmers, personally my favourites are the simmers as I love shimmery eyeshadows. It also comes with a primer, which I'm not really a fan of, but it is handy to have in the palette. I really love the 5th and 6th shade, they're so pretty and are for sure my most used in the palette. 


The eyeshadows are silky soft, but they're not hugely pigmented. When I swatched these, I had to swatch them twice, but I don't find it that much of an issue. The shadows blend well and wear for around 6-7 hours before I find that they start to crease. They didn't have a ton of fallout, only a little bit but I always use a damp brush with shimmery shades.


The only little thing that I wish this palette had, was names for the shadows. I love palettes that have names for the shadows, but I can't complain as this is a good palette for the price and there is only 6 shades, so it's not a big deal.


Overall I love this palette. It's inexpensive and the eyeshadows are good, that are lovely shades and blend well. The palette is also lightweight, so it's good for travelling or carrying around with you. The pigmentation is good, although it's not as good as some other drugstore palettes, but it's good. It lasts well and there's little fallout, so I'm impressed with this palette. I'm unsure why I stopped using this palette so much and stuck it in a drawer, because I'm going to be using this a lot more often now. I got this from Superdrug for £6.49!



Have you tried this palette? If so, what were your thoughts on it? Have you tried Barry M's eyeshadows? 

Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Tumblr | Snapchat: embarker97

Comments

  1. They look a lot more pigmented than i thought they were going to be its amazing how good drugstore makeup is these days

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right! i agree, theres so many good drugstore makeup!

      Delete
  2. This isn't a palette I would usually go for but it looks really handy for on the go & for everyday wear :)

    Just Little Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look awesome! I'm wondering if they sell this in the States. I've never heard of this brand but I'm going to check them out!

    Mel | www.thegossipdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. barry m are an amazing brand, their nail polishes are so good and quite popular here in the UK! i hope they make it to the States soon because they're definitely worth trying:)

      Delete
  4. I love the variety of shades in this palette! Lovely review xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty shades!! Thanks for sharing x

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Edye! thank you for reading:)x

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen alot of people use this palette but it does look amazing!


    http://beauty-voguex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts