MAC x Caitlyn Jenner Finally Free lipstick + swatches


I'm so happy that I finally own this lipstick. I've waited for what feels like forever for this to come out in the UK. I love Caitlyn Jenner and have been following her journey with her friends on I Am Cait (and before I Am Cait) since last year. When I heard that Caitlyn was teaming up with MAC to create a lipstick, I knew I had to purchase it. On May 12th, when I got the email from MAC telling me that Finally Free was available to buy, I was quickly on the website and had bought the lipstick. 
The full RRP less VAT will benefit the transgender community in the UK (as said on the MAC website). 


The packaging looks like the other MAC lipsticks, the little black bullet. The first thing I noticed about this was the scent. Like the other MAC lipsticks it smells really nice, like vanilla, but I seemed to notice it more with this lipstick (not a bad thing). 
Finally Free is a cremesheen lipstick, which is a high-shine finish. This is the first cremesheen lipstick that I own and I love it. I like how creamy this lipstick is and how smooth it is while applying it. Just like other MAC lipsticks, it's pigmented and not drying.


I love that it's comfortable to wear and it's soft. I love that it's high-shine as I own more matte lipsticks and it's nice to have something different in my collection. MAC describes this lipstick as a 'midtone rosey nude' and it's just such a beautiful shade. This lasts on my lips for around 4-5 hours without drinking or eating.


I actually swatched it (I barely swatch products because I forget). 


Overall I'm in love with this lipstick. I love the name, I think Finally Free is the perfect name for the lipstick. This was £15.50 and it's exclusively online. You can read Caitlyn's interview with MAC here


Do you own this lipstick? Will you be purchasing Finally Free?



Comments

  1. Oooooh, I was really interested to see how this lipstick came out and now I have seen your swatches it looks lovely! Although i'm not a huge fan of creamsheens but I may have to go try it the shop, that's for sure! <3

    The Dazzle Guide

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shade looks gorgeous!! I hope it stays on the website a little longer so I can purchase it after payday!!xo

    Char | www.charslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is! i think it might, i'm not too sure how long they'll keep it on the website but its only been out for a week:) x

      Delete
  3. I love the look of this lipstick so much, what a gorgeous colour - I think I'll have to pick this up!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely lipstick! I had no idea Caitlyn had one out. So cool :)

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree! and ah its been out in the USA for over a month and has been out in the UK for a week:)

      Delete
  5. I've never tried a MAC lippie but I must say this has been one of my favourites that I've seen, I love that its not a vibrant in your face red ♥



    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAC lipsticks are soo good! i agree:)<3

      Delete
  6. That is such a pretty shade, I love it!! I love creme sheen lipsticks xxx

    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need this!! The shade is lovely too! I'm all about supporting Cait

    Mel | www.thegossipdarling.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts